Every morning in the 30 days leading up to WonderCon Anaheim 2014 (from March 19 to April 18), we’re going to offer our “Toucan Tip of the Day,” a tiny tidbit of terrific information that we hope add to your enjoyment of the show. To view all of our WCA 2014 Toucan Tips, please click on the “Tip of the Day” link under Categories at the top of our sidebar on the right; all published tips will appear, with the latest at the top.
We’re already in Anaheim putting together the WonderCon Anaheim 2014 Exhibit Hall and programming rooms, so now the only question to ask is: Are YOU ready? Here are some helpful tips to get you ready for actually being at the big show!
• Remember to bring your badge confirmation email to pick up your badge! That email contains a barcode. You can pick up your badge in Hall A at the Anaheim Convention Center. 3-Day and Friday badgeholders can begin to pick up their badges on Thursday, April 17, starting at 12:00 pm and continuing until 7:00 pm. Visit our Badge Pick-up page for hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
• Review our complete set of Toucan Tips by clicking here. There’s a wealth of info in there (we’ve been doing this for almost a month now!).
• Remember your collector necessities: Want lists, bags and boards, sketchbooks, pens, etc.
• Remember your personal essentials: Phone charger, camera, water bottle, backpack, snacks, comfortable shoes.
• If you’re showing your portfolio, remember to bring printed copies of your work (never give out original art!), business cards, and resumes.
• Remember to plan in advance to meet your friends and family at a predetermined place. Your cellphone battery may die.
• Read online or download our 2014 Quick Guide. It contains maps of the Exhibit Hall, Anaheim Convention Center, and our headquarters hotel, the Anaheim Marriott. The Quick Guide also features the complete 3-day Program Schedule grids, plus listings of all the exhibitors at the show. The Quick Guide comes bound into the center of the WCA 2014 Program Book, which all attendees will receive (while supplies last) when they pick up their badge in Hall A.
• Remember to have fun! Actually, we sincerely hope you don’t have to remember that one. Just go with the flow and enjoy everything WonderCon has to offer!