Join Us in Celebrating Comic-Con 50 in the 2019 Souvenir Book!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 15TH!
2019 marks Comic-Con 50, and while you can debate the math (1970–2019 is only 49 years) and the number of Comic-Cons we’ve done since the beginning (there was a mini-con in 1970, a “Part II” show in November 1975, and a winter show in February 1991, called “Con-Fusion”), our official 50th event is in 2019.
Because of this momentous occasion, we’re dedicating our 2019 Souvenir Book to the Comic-Con 50 anniversary in 2019. But don’t worry … we still want you to be a part of the celebration! Comic-Con holds the record for the longest-running continuous event in pop culture history. Started in 1970 in the basement of the U.S. Grant Hotel in downtown San Diego with 300 attendees, the show has grown to be the most famous comics and pop culture event in the world!
Tell us your favorite memory about San Diego Comic-Con, or send us a photo or piece of art commemorating your time at the big event! If you want to submit an original illustration or tell your story in a comics page, that works, too. We want to know what memory you treasure most from the past 50 years of Comic-Con history. While we can’t run everyone’s submissions, we will consider each and every one you send.
Please keep these guidelines in mind when submitting articles, art, or photos:
- Keep your articles to 250 words or less, please. Send your article as a Word document (docx or doc) attachment. Please only ONE Favorite San Diego Comic-Con Memory article per person.
- No copyrighted characters in art, unless it’s a favorite sketch you received from an artist at Comic-Con.
- If you’re writing a “Favorite San Diego Comic-Con Memory” article, you can also submit an accompanying photo or piece of art (one photo or one piece of art per article, please).
- Photos must be taken by the sender and sent as print-quality (300dpi) JPG or TIF files, and must include a caption. Please submit only ONE photo. By submitting your photo you acknowledge ownership and the right for Comic-Con to use/publish the photo.
- If submitting your story in comics form, please limit it to ONE page.
- Include a filled-out SUBMISSION FORM PDF. The form must be included to consider your submission for the 2019 Souvenir Book.
The Comic-Con Souvenir Book is a 280-page, full-color, trade paperback given free to attendees while supplies last. You’ll want to be a part of this commemorative edition celebrating Comic-Con 50! We couldn’t have accomplished the past 50 years without YOU, our attendees, and we want you to be a part of our official Comic-Con 50 celebration! The deadline to submit articles, art, and photos is Friday, Feb. 15, 2019. Download the PDF and return it to email@example.com. Ignore the Feb. 1st deadline on the PDF form. Please note that the PDF is modifiable, and you can type directly on it, however please open it in Adobe Acrobat and save it in that program for it to be readable when you send it in. Adobe Acrobat is a free download from Adobe: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Our 2018 Souvenir Book cover, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe by Matt Taylor, is shown above right.
Please note: the 2019 Souvenir Book will be devoted to Comic-Con 50. There will not be any additional themes or anniversaries.