LOCATION: Under the Sails Pavilion
AUTOGRAPH HOURS: FRI: 12PM-7PM SAT: 10AM-7PM SUN 10AM-5PM
INFORMATION DESK HOURS: FRI: 12PM-7PM SAT: 9:30AM-7PM
The Fire Marshal may shut down any line believed to be a hazard at any time.
Your badge does not guarantee autographs at any event.
The Autograph Area, located on the Upper Level in the Sails Pavilion, is the place to go for a special memento from a variety of artists, authors, and actors from every genre of popular culture. Many signings occur directly after panels, so check the program grid daily.
The Autograph Area is open Friday from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Saturday from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. No autograph sessions will be held before or after these times.
Changes and surprise additions will occur throughout the weekend; for the most up-to-date information, check out the Eventeny schedule below. Updated schedules will be posted in the daily newsletter and on information boards throughout the center, or stop by the Autograph Area Information Desk, which is staffed Friday from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Saturday from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sunday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Because of high demand and the limited time available from notables appearing to sign autographs, some signings may require tickets. These tickets are dispersed through a line drawings procedure. Additionally, the Autograph Area Coordinator may at any time shut down a line, even if people are still waiting for an autograph. If shutting down becomes necessary, we apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment.
Attendees, please note that Autograph Area Participants may charge for their autograph in the Autograph Area as long as the Participants work with the Autograph Area Coordinator to ensure that all rules are followed and that all of the required paperwork is prepared in advance. Autograph Area Participants are not expected to sign anything they deem offensive or that violates any contractual agreements they may have.
Autograph Area Participants must sign one copy of the Souvenir Program Book for any fan at no charge. If the fan and the Autograph Area Participant come to an agreement, an item may be substituted for the Souvenir Program Book that the Autograph Area Participant agrees to sign for free. Autograph Area Participants may not require a purchase to sign the Souvenir Program Book.
Because of the popularity of many signings, some of which are limited by time or by the number of people the guest has agreed to sign for, those signings may be ticketed. Tickets for limited signings are distributed by random drawings. To participate in the drawing, please go to the indicated line where one of two systems will be used.
- You will either press the button on the randomization device to be instantly told if you are a winner; or
- You will pick a ticket out of a container (the winning tickets will have a distinct stamp on the back)
Wristbands will be placed on all winner’s wrists immediately. The wristband will admit the wearer into the designated autograph line at the specified location and time.
If you are not a winner, you may return to the end of the line to try again until all wristbands have been given out. One wristband per person, per signing.
Prior to the start of the line ticket drawings, an area will be designated for those who wish to wait for the drawings to begin. You may line up for that day’s drawings each morning as soon as you enter the building. No other lines will be recognized other than those in this officially designated area. When space becomes available, each line will be escorted to the proper queue for the drawings to be done that morning. Winning the drawing for a line ticket grants you, with your wristband, the opportunity to stand in line to get an autograph at the location and time designated.The duration of the autograph session is taken into account when determining the number of winning line tickets.
The Fire Marshal may shut down any line believed to be a hazard at any time. Your badge does not guarantee autographs at any event.
Procedure for Attendees with Mobility Issues Obtaining Autographs or Participating in Ticket Drawings in the Autograph Area
This procedure may be used by any Attendee with mobility issues who has registered at the Disabled Services Department and wishes to obtain autographs from talent appearing in the Autograph Area in the Sails Pavilion or participate in any ticket drawing in the Autograph Area.
If there is a line to obtain an autograph or a line to pull a ticket to gain entrance into an autograph line or exclusive line in the Autograph Area in the Sails Pavilion and you have mobility issues and have been designated as such by the Disabled Services Department, Comic-Con will provide someone to stand in your place.
- You must arrive prior to the scheduled autograph time or drawing time and check in at the Autograph Area Disabled Line Access Check-In with the proper credential from the Disabled Services Department.
- When you check in, your name will be placed on a list and a volunteer will be assigned to stand in your place in the line you have chosen. The assigned volunteer will go to the end of the chosen line and proceed through the line with the rest of the Attendees.
- You and your assigned volunteer will discuss the best course of action (for example, you will wait near the front of the line and when the volunteer has reached the front, you will trade places with the volunteer and obtain the autograph or pull the ticket or, perhaps, you may choose to have the volunteer pull a ticket from the bag and meet you in a designated location).
- If there is more than one autograph or drawing you wish to participate in simultaneously, you may have the assigned volunteer do one after the other, but you may not have two volunteers assigned.
- When the assigned volunteer has completed the task, the volunteer will return to the Autograph Area Disabled Line Access Check-In and check back in.
If you do not check in and request a volunteer to stand in your place, it is expected that you will wait in any autograph area line with all other Attendees.
During Autograph Area sessions, Attendees with credentials from Disabled Services Department will not be ushered from the side of the autograph area table to the front of the line unless they have followed the above procedure and they are taking the place of their assigned volunteer in the line
Click on a session below to view more information.
Note: The times listed are based on your current time zone.