Job Opportunities at Comic-Con
Comic-Con International has a mission of creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms. Occasionally we need people to help us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in working for Comic-Con, please check back here from time to time to see if we have any job openings.
There are currently four job openings for Comic-Con.
Send a resume and cover letter to JOBS@COMIC-CON.ORG to apply for the job you're interested in.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management. This position requires strong BENEFITS and RECRUITING experience. Will be the benefits administrator, handle recruitment/employment, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, employment law compliance and some employee relations.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Develops and maintains affirmative action program.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
Required Education and Experience
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See example below.]
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator works in concert with the rest of the department to increase positive brand awareness through various mediums. The person in this role also works to find new opportunities that strengthen the brand domestically and abroad. In order to achieve these goals, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator conducts market research and reviews industry news to have a firm grasp of the market. Additionally, this role assists the CCSO in a variety of ways to ensure the execution of the department’s plans.
- Advertising and promotional campaigns for WonderCon and Comic-Con
- Media Monitoring
- Onsite press
Required Education and Experience
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, sales or communications or internship in related area
- Knowledge of Statistics and Analytical Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Level headed problem solver with professional service-oriented attitude
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts
- Team Player, Organized, Adaptable and Dependable
- Attention to Detail and Follow Through
Senior PHP Developer
We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing front and back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for creating and integrating front-end elements.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Participate in the web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
PHP Developer requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a PHP Developer for 6 years
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Knowledge of API's
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop our QA processes, and develop detailed test cases, and assisting in helping us migrate to automated testing.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before releasing projects for internal or end user/customer testing to ensure software runs smoothly.
QA Engineer Responsibilities
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Working closely with engineering team, and end users to ensure needs are being met
- Participate in the creation of development team tasking protocols, from bug tests and feature requests, to greenfield project requirements documents
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools where appropriate, perform manual testing where appropriate.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs in JIRA
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Experience with Atlassian products, Confluence/JIRA
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Familiarity of cloud based (AWS/AZURE,etc) architectures
- Experience in testing both internal and external applications and tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus