Thanks to Everyone Who Came to SAM on Saturday, Nov. 3!
Attendees, program participants, special guests, volunteers and staff!
Comic-Con presents SAM, Storytelling Across Media, a one-day symposium for aspiring writers and artists, as well as professionals, interested in the art of storytelling. This event will be held on Saturday, November 3, at the Comic-Con Museum, 2131 Pan American Plaza in Balboa Park, from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM, with a mixer from 7:00 to 10:00 PM. Admission is FREE, but online registration is encouraged. Seating in all symposium events is limited.
SAM is not your traditional comics convention. There is no Exhibit Hall. SAM is all about storytelling, through a series of talks about how to tell a story in various media, including comics, gaming, animation, movies, and more. It explores the similarities and differences in telling stories through different media and focuses on the craft of telling a story through creator lectures.
San Diego Comic-Con is part of the San Diego Comic Convention family of events. SDCC is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.
- WHO: SAM: Storytelling Across Media
- WHAT: A one-day symposium devoted to talks and workshops about storytelling in various forms of media.
- WHEN: Saturday, November 3 • Panels: 12:00n–6:00 PM • Mixer: 7:00–10:00 PM
- WHERE: Comic-Con Museum, 2131 Pan American Plaza, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
- ADMISSION: Free; online advance registration is encouraged. Seating is limited.
SAM Storytelling Across Media is sponsored by Comic-Con International. © 2018 San Diego Comic Convention. Comic-Con® is a registered trademark of San Diego Comic Convention.