Feeding San Diego
The Comic-Con Museum is collaborating with Feeding San Diego, the county’s leading hunger-relief and food rescue organization to rally local students around its mission to end hunger through food rescue.
We invite students in K-12 across San Diego County to design their own hero character who helps end hunger through food rescue, the act of recovering surplus or imperfect food from food donors before it goes to waste. The hero character will champion efforts in the community to support those who need a little extra help with food assistance and celebrate those who take action.
The winning submission will see their hero brought to life by cosplayer and costume designer Allan Lavigne and put on display at the Comic-Con Museum during Comic-Con 2022 this July. The winner will also receive four coveted passes to Comic-Con 2022!
In addition to their artwork, students are asked to submit a brief paragraph that explains their hero’s origin story about how they gained their powers and decided to fight injustice.
The contest will allow the community to vote on the top ten entries as chosen by a panel of judges, which includes members of Feeding San Diego’s team, the Comic-Con Museum team, San Diego Magazine publisher and chief content officer Troy Johnson, comic artist Rodney Anderson Jr., and cosplay creator Allan Lavigne.
- The top ten submissions will receive art supplies and tickets to the Comic-Con Museum
- The top three submissions will also receive a trip to the Comic-Con Museum’s Makers Lab for their class.
- The winning submission will:
- Have their character brought to life by Allan Lavigne, studio head of The Bronze Armory Studios and a longtime costume and prop designer who has worked on legendary comic book films from the Iron Man and Captain America franchises and showcased at the Comic-Con Museum during Comic-Con in July.
- Win four badges (for the winner and three guests) to attend San Diego Comic-Con in July 2022 and be featured on a Comic-Con Museum panel.
- The deadline to submit is Friday, April 22.
- The top ten entries will be announced on National Superhero Day (Thursday, April 28), the same day community voting will start. Community voting ends May 11.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, May 13.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO ENTER: