#13/SDCC 2014: Wearing a Costume to Comic-Con? Check Our Costume Weapons Policy First!
While you don’t have to wear a costume to enjoy Comic-Con, a lot of people do put on their geeky finest and wear it with pride. If you’re one of those people who indulge in the art of cosplay, here’s our official Costume Weapons Policy.
No functional weapons are allowed at Comic-Con
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check Desk in Lobby E (location subject to change).
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can't be drawn.
- After each person's costume weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security, and you will be given a wristband to wear to designate that your weapons have been checked.
- Security will escort you to the security station for inspection if your costume weapon is not tagged.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to Comic-Con.
Remember: All costume weapons must be inspected at the Weapons Check Desk in Lobby E.
Remember your first, best, and most accurate source for information—including our daily Toucan Tip—is right here on the Comic-Con website and Toucan, the only OFFICIAL SDCC blog. Bookmark Toucan and the Comic-Con Front Page for the latest updates for the big show!