Gaming Creator Connection
Returning this year to WonderCon is the Gaming Creator Connection!
The Gaming Creator Connection is an opportunity for aspiring and learning game developers to receive valuable advice, insights, and mentoring from seasoned veterans of the game industry with diverse experiences in production, programming, art, business development, and more. The Gaming Creator Connection is organized and run by professional game developers, including the executive director of the Global Game Jam organization. The GCC is a perfect opportunity to seek expert guidance on a wide range of topics pertaining to the development of your career.
The GCC is a perfect opportunity to seek expert guidance in one of three core areas:
- Art/Design: Artists of all kinds (general, character, environment, UI, etc.)
- Narrative: Writers, narrative designers, editors, world builders, etc.
- Business: A range of topics pertaining to indie start-ups, funding, marketing, pitching skills, etc.
Participants will have around 15-20 minutes to speak with a mentor and will be able to rotate between mentors in their field of interest in order to maximize the amount of feedback.
Where: Room 204C, Anaheim Convention Center
When: Saturday, April 2
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
How to Participate:
Applications are now open for individuals who would like to participate in the GCC. Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to participate.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Primary field of interest* (pick one): Art/Design, Writing, Business
- Are you currently a student? Yes/No
- Are you currently working in the game industry in any capacity? Yes/No
- Primary mentoring goal; i.e. what specifically do you hope to learn from the mentors?
*While we will likely have professionals with background in other areas beyond these three (e.g., programming, localization, etc.), we can’t guarantee their availability.
GAME PITCH REVIEW
Also returning this year is the Game Pitch Review. This pitch review will be conducted by a panel of professional game developers who will offer their invaluable advice and insight to those seeking to further their dreams of making their game a reality. Participants will have the opportunity to pitch a game for three minutes and then receive constructive criticism on how it went. This session will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis and sign-ups will be taken on site.
To participate in the Game Pitch Review, you must be prepared before you sign up. Those not prepared will forfeit their pitch session. Preparation includes:
- A well-practiced, 3-5 minute verbal pitch that clearly explains the game concept, how it’s unique to the marketplace, why it would be worth funding, etc.
- Any hardcopy or digital visuals (images, video, etc.) that help illustrate the concept and viability of the idea (you must bring the device on which you will display the visuals).
- Be imaginative in your pitch and be passionate; imagine you’re making a very quick pitch to receive funding for your idea.
The Game Pitch Review will take place on Saturday, April 11 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in Room 204C at the Anaheim Convention Center.