Hotel Reservations for Comic-Con International 2016 Are Currently Closed.
Hotel reservations will re-open sometime in the near future. Please check back to make changes to an existing reservation or to see if any hotel rooms are available. Thank you for your patience.
Information About the Comic-Con 2016 Hotel Sale, Which Was Held on April 5
Each year hotel rooms for Comic-Con sell out in a matter of minutes. We want to make the process as clear—and more importantly—as fair as it can be. Below is a guide to the process for opening day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Email and the Waiting Room
Approximately 48 hours before the sale opens, an email will be sent to all Comic-Con 2016 badge holders and will include the link to the hotel reservation request form. The form will not open until around 9:00 AM PST on April 5. The link will give you access to the waiting room after 6:00 AM Pacific time on April 5. You will also have access to the list of hotels that will become available on opening day. You can join the waiting room anytime from 6:00 AM until before 9:00 AM Pacific time on that morning to take part in the random selection for the forms. Once the sale begins, those in the waiting room will be selected at random to complete the form. You don’t have to worry about your place “in line” in the waiting room, as entry to the form is in a completely random order for all. Entering the waiting room after the 9:00 AM Pacific time form submission period has started will decrease your chances of getting a room.
Opening Day: Place Your Request
Hotel reservation form submissions become available on Tuesday, April 5 at around 9:00 AM Pacific time. On this date you will need to submit your request via the online form or via phone. Once the maximum number of requests have been received the form will shut down and callers will no longer be able to submit a request.
Via the link in your email or come back to this page
Request by Phone
1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642) or 212-468-5283 Calls will not be accepted prior to this date and time.
New this year: Users will be granted access to the online form from the waiting room in random order. Requests will then be processed based upon this order.
• 6 hotel choices are required for each submission.
• Duplicate submissions will not increase your chances of getting your first choice hotels—and actually may hurt your chances. Only the most recent submission received will be the one processed.
No later than April 8, emails will be sent to all those who have been placed at a hotel.
If you have been placed at a hotel, you will have 72 hours from the date and time the email is sent to confirm your reservation with a deposit. If you do not confirm within 72 hours, your reservation will be cancelled.
Reservations require an advance deposit equal to 2-nights room rate and tax. Deposits are refundable for cancellations before April 30, 2016.
THE DETAILS AND A FEW FAQs
As everyone knows from past experience, Comic-Con’s discounted hotel rates means rooms sell out very quickly.
onPeak has worked hard to create a process that is easy and fair for as many people as possible. That said, there are a LOT of details. Here’s all the fine print that you should carefully read through.
Who is onPeak?
In the past, Comic-Con has worked with Travel Planners to provide hotel accommodations. In September 2014, Travel Planners merged with onPeak, so that’s the name you’ll be seeing this year.
What’s with this new randomization this year?
To ensure fairness in the request and placement process, we are implementing a randomization process in 2016. All users will be given access to the form from the waiting room in random order and requests will be processed based upon this order. Please note: Duplicate submissions will not increase your chances of getting your first choice hotels. If duplicate submissions are received, only the most recent submission will be processed by onPeak.
When will I find out if I’ve been placed at a hotel?
You will receive a reservation acknowledgement email listing the hotel or hotels reserved on your behalf no later than April 8. If you are happy with your placement, you will need to follow the directions in the email confirmation to go back online and pay the required deposit. You will have 72 hours from the time the email is sent to confirm and pay the deposit. If you do not confirm within the 72-hour window, your reservation will be cancelled.
What if I don’t like where I’ve been placed?
If you are not happy with your hotel placement, please cancel as quickly as possible so other fans have the opportunity to secure a hotel room. Cancellations can be made by calling the call center at 1-877-55 COMIC or letting the 72-hour window close without taking action.
Hotel Deposit & Payment Policy
All reservations require an advance deposit equal to two night’s room and tax to confirm a reservation. Reservations will be cancelled if a deposit is not paid at the end of the confirmation period. Deposits are fully refundable if cancelled by April 30, 2016. Beginning June 2, 2016, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Note: Full payment will be due for your hotel reservation at the time of checkout. Each hotel’s payment policies vary; the date that your total balance is due will be dependent upon the policies of your hotel. All hotels place a deposit on your credit card or debit card when you check in and charge the balance at checkout. Please ask your hotel for their policy.
Changes can be made by accessing your reservation online. Access your reservation via the link in your onPeak confirmation email or by visiting www.comic-con.org/cci/hotels and clicking on the “Make Your Hotel Reservations” button to reach the login screen. Changes can also be made by phone at 1-877-55-COMIC (1-877-552-6642). Changes are on a request basis and are subject to the availability/discretion of the hotel.
Cancellations are accepted without penalty before April 30. If canceled before this date, the deposit will be fully refunded. For cancellations from May 1, 2016 through June 1, 2016, a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room rate plus tax will be charged per room. The cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit(s).
A FEW FINE PRINT REMINDERS
• Please keep in mind that the onPeak website is not optimized for smart phone use. We recommend you use a computer during the hotel sale.
• Hotel rates include an $8.00 per night reimbursement to Comic-Con to help defray shuttle and convention costs (this charge is subject to change). San Diego city blocks are small compared to other cities and take approximately 2–3 minutes to walk. You may find walking in the morning is a great way to explore San Diego and find new places for dinner or lunch or shopping.
• Reservations are booked based on room availability. Bed type and special requests are not guaranteed. All special requests will be noted with the hotel, but are subject to hotel availability at the time of check-in.
• Hotels in San Diego charge a Transient Occupancy tax of 10.565%, a Tourism Marketing assessment of 2%, and parking fees, all of which are subject to change without notice. Hotel rates are not guaranteed until booked and confirmed. Hotel rates may vary by number of occupants and other requested services. Comic-Con and onPeak reserve the right to correct any identified errors.
• Responsibility and Liability: Comic-Con and/or its agents act only in the capacity as agents for customers in all matters pertaining to hotel accommodations and transportation whether by railroad, automobile, airplane or any other means, and as such are not responsible for any damage, expense, or inconvenience caused by train or plane arrivals or departures, or by any change of schedule or condition from any loss, injury, or damage to any person or property from any cause whatsoever. Baggage handling throughout the program is entirely at the owner’s risk. The customer agrees that show management and/or its agents shall not be held responsible in the event of any error or omission in any promotional material.
COMIC-CON SHUTTLE SERVICE RUNS CONTINUOUSLY!
Helping fans enjoy every hour of Comic-Con 2016 and the nighttime fun, too!
Shuttles for Comic-Con 2016 will run continuously to the hotels indicated in this PDF during these hours:
- WEDNESDAY: 3:00 PM–10:00 PM (PREVIEW NIGHT)*
- THURSDAY: 5:00 AM THROUGH SUNDAY: 7:00 PM: SHUTTLE RUNS CONTINUOUSLY!*
*FREQUENCY VARIES THROUGHOUT THE DAY.