WonderCon Anaheim is dedicated to serving all of its attendees. The Deaf and Disabled Services Department was established to offer a hand to visitors with special needs, including:
- A rest area for the disabled, the elderly, expectant mothers, and parents with small infants.
- An enclosed nursing area for mothers with infants
- Registration service for attendees with mobility issues
- American Sign Language interpreters for the deaf at select panels and the Masquerade
- Special limited seating for programming events and the Masquerade
If you are an attendee with disabilities, WonderCon Anaheim wants to make your experience as fun and as entertaining as possible, but there are a few limitations on what can be provided. For example:
• Programming rooms fill up quickly, and all seating is on a first-come, first- served basis, so special seating may not be available if you wait until the last minute to get to the room. Please read your Events Guide and plan your day accordingly, keeping in mind the popularity of most events.
• Special autograph sessions are always limited, so it is a good idea to make arrangements to have someone within your group save a spot for you in line. Keep in mind that Deaf and Disabled Services cannot guarantee any seating, autographs, or giveaways.
• If you have medications or other items that need to be kept cool, you should bring a small cooler or insulated bag. WonderCon Anaheim does not have refrigerators for storage.
• WonderCon Anaheim does not rent or lend wheelchairs or motorized scooters. Please make arrangements with a local vendor in advance if you need to rent.
The Deaf and Disabled Services team is here to help. By working together, we can make the convention experience enjoyable for everyone.
The Deaf and Disabled Services desk is open:
- Friday, April 18: 10:00 am–7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 19: 8:00 am–7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 20: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
The American Sign Language Interpreters desk is open:
- Friday, April 18: 12:00–7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 19: 10:00 am–7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 20: 11:00 am–5:00 pm